Toddler only wants daddy….killing me….

Home Forums Parenting Toddler only wants daddy….killing me….

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sherry 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

PE
    Participant

Hi all

I have a 16month old. Went away on a girls only weekend and he stayed with daddy. After I returned he only wants his dad, especially when his dad is holding him and wants me to take him. He cries when he has to come to me!!!!

I suffered from bad Post natal depression and my husband had to be hands on from the beginning. I cannot help to wonder if he just felt my disconnection (which is now fine)….

Just feel like packing my bags and moving out. I make all his food, his laundry etc etc and him not coming to me is like a slap in the face….

Maria
    Participant

It’s a phase, and it will pass.  Toddlers typically go through phases where they want only the one parent and wants nothing to do with the other one.  It’s hard, I know, but try not to take it too personally.

Annie
    Participant

My little girl is a bit older now that she wants daddy – and at the moment I dont mind it that much as I am 8 months pregnant and very uncomfortable. But we dont always give her a choice.

I can understand how you feel, but what Maria said is true – its a phase. AND if they see you are upset they LOVE continuing!

Sherry
    Participant

Oh my dear, I’m so sorry that you feel this way. Its never nice when your children prefer the other parent to you. Especially when you as the mother do everything for them.

Unfortunately, children don’t see us doing the laundry, cooking food, bathing, dressing, etc as spending time with them. When Daddy plays with them that’s what they enjoy.

I agree with Maria, try not take it too personally it was most likely because he got attention from Daddy during the time you were away. He will warm up to again, this I promise you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.