Test came back doc wants to see me…

Home Forums Pregnancy Test came back doc wants to see me…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rene 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AK
    Participant

Hi Ladies I am 39yrs old and doc did blood tests for down syndrome and not sure what else. When we had the scan he said it looks ok, but I just received a call saying he wants to c me to discuss. I am worried to death. Anyone experienced this?

Anonymous

Hi AK – I can understand why you’re worried, that’s never a nice thing to hear from the doctor. But it might be something small, so don’t upset yourself. Let us know what he says.

AK
    Participant

Hi Carol, one is prone to think the worst when the doc wants to c u…. I am going out of my mind right now. Seeing him tomorrow morning. I wish they would be more specific when they phone you, so as not to cause panic!!!! Oh lord, not sure what to think or do right now…

algetha
    Participant

Hi  your situation reminds me of myself. I to am 39 and also had a scare. At 13 weeks  I had the DS test performed. The doc wasnt  really satisfied with the results and announced my  risk  to be  1:120  for DS.  Also mentioned that these test were  assessments and not a diagnosis. The only way to get accurate results were with  amniocentesis.  It was  my choice and for peace of mind I opted for the amnio.

Not knowing what to expect, i was a stressed ball, so i  can totally relate to what you are feeling. With lots of prayer as well as family supporting us in prayer, the procedure was perfomed. 

Waiting for results were just as nerve wrecking  and when the result were announced were so pleased and overjoyed. It came back negative for DS and all is well with our little boy. All praise to God.

All this transpired  last week  and  I can now further enjoy my pregnancy.  I will keep you in my prayers. It will be fine with you.

AK
    Participant

@ Algetha, I couldnt sit and wonder anymore and phoned docs rooms and spoke to the sister. Asked her which test doc wants to see me abt and she said that she will be honest with me and tell me it was the DS test. But wouldnt divulge any further. So tomorrow off we are to the gynae. This is so stressful. I cant stop worrying and crying….What is the amniocentesis like? Is it painful and how soon do they give you the results? This is hell!!! Please keep me and my baby in your prayers as I dont know what else to do but pray!!!! How far along are you? I am 17weeks now.

Rene
    Participant

I cannot imagine the stress you must be feeling. Good luck. Thinking of you.

Rene
    Participant

@AK – How are you doing?

lelo
    Participant

AK you are really giving us all a scare now……………….

Hope all is well ur busy at work or just resting at home..

AK
    Participant

Hi Ladies

I must admit this has been the most stressful 3days of my life!!! Saw doc on Wed and he said I have to go for fetal assessment as blood tests did not look good. Based on u/s at assessment I should decide whether I am having the amnio test done or not cause it will be done straight after assessment. No pressure, hey??? Got appointment for next week but could’nt wait that long, so they phoned to say they had a cancellation. So yesterday I went for my assessment and then for my amnio. Stressful!!!! So now I have to wait for my results as I opted for the 5days result and the 3wks more intense one. I need to know before the holidays…can’t put on a smiley face with the results pending. Praying that all will be well and baby will be healthy. Please ladies join me in prayer for my baby. Oh, my LG as we found out yesterday. Yippee!!! as I already have a LB.

Rene
    Participant

My thoughts go out to you. I just can’t imagine how stressful it must be.

Don’t know if it will help you, but a friend of mine also had a scare with her pregnancy. Bloodtests showed something. They went for further tests, but couldn’t find anything conclusive. The entire pregnancy she and her husband were very very stressed, and then the baby was born perfectly normal. On the other hand my pregnancy had no problems, all the scans etc showed normal, but my first born had a physical problem.

But I would be very very stressed if I were in your shoes. Hoping that the further tests have good results to put your mind at ease.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.