Temper tantrum

Home Forums Man Talk Temper tantrum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Leo 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Leo
    Participant

Guys

I have a major problem I can’t seem to control my temper the smallest thing makes me want to blow up. And it takes me a while to let my temper settle, how do I handle this.

Any advice?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Leo.

Anonymous

I know exactly what you mean, Leo. I have on occasion flipped my lid, especially with my children, and bitterly regretted it afterwards. What has helped a bit is choosing my battles, because for me it’s the accumulation of too many small arguments that add up to one big annoyance.

Anonymous

My boyfriend also has a temper. He is very passionate about things and sometimes just responds too quickly. Perhaps you are the same? Or, perhaps you have a lot of stress at work or in your personal life and you’re not talking to anyone about it? When we keep things in, we can become like pressure cookers, exploding at the smallest things.

jason190
    Participant

I’m no shrink but I think you need to talk to someone about it. The fact that you looking for advice is the first step in the right direction.

Work on your temper (easier said than done I know) but I know it’ll help.

Brendan
    Participant

Hey Leo, have another look at your post. Do you see the negative self talk there. Now it’s good to recognise that you have a problem and get professional help, but I reckon that you affirm to yourself on a regular basis that you “cannot control your temper.”

The subconscious mind is what drives your habits. Remember when you first learned to drive, you had to look down at the gears when you changed, but with repetition, with lots and lots of practice, you now sometimes change gears without even realising it. Remember behavior is rooted in the mind, and for whatever reason, your anger problem has become a deeply conditioned reflex.

Here are some positive affirmations to help you retake control of yourself and break free from anger. To use these anger management affirmations effectively I recommend you choose 2 or 3 of them that really pop out at you, these will become your “go to” affirmations for whenever you feel yourself losing control and becoming angry. Simply take a deep breath, repeat the affirmations to yourself, and try to calm yourself down. Your anger WILL pass, and every time you use this strategy it will become easier and easier to diffuse your anger. If you take this seriously and use these affirmations consistently, you will transform into someone who can easily diffuse anger and negativity, is calm and collected at all times, and has full control over their emotions.

You deserve to live a life of peace and positivity, and using these affirmations will not only make your life better, but also the lives of your family and friends.

Present Tense Affirmations 

I am in control 

I am calm, focused, and relaxed

I remain calm even when under intense stress

I have the power to regulate my emotions

I always stay calm in difficult or frustrating situations

I am able to diffuse my anger and channel it in a more productive way

I control my anger by expressing myself in a firm yet positive manner

I always speak my mind rather than let frustrations build up

I am able to calm myself down and detach from anger

I allow myself to acknowledge angry feelings without losing control

Future Tense Affirmations 

I will control myself 

I am starting to effectively manage my anger

Staying relaxed is becoming easier

I will remain calm and centered in frustrating situations

Managing my anger will create a better life for myself and my loved ones

I am transforming into someone who confronts problems constructively

Each day it is becoming easier to diffuse my anger

I am gaining more and more control over my emotions

I will become a positive person whom others can turn to without fear

Natural Affirmations 

Being calm, relaxed, and in control is normal for me 

Controlling my anger comes naturally to me

I find it easy to calm myself down and relax

Just a tip, if you feel a little weird at first, it’s OK.

You can also substitute “I am…” with “I choose…”

In other words if “I am in control” doesn’t feel right at first, then say ” I choose to be in control”.

Good luck!

Quicksilver
    Participant

Hey Leo,

I use to be like that too, anything use to piss me off & I think about it, it was the most smallest things, I use to hate driving in traffic because I knew that someone will do something on the road for me to get angry with them,   but I had read up on something,

Its called VitaForce Nutri B  (Vitamin B Supplements), its for for a stressful like style but helps calm me down alot.

being taking it for 2 months now, I cant remember when was the last time I swore someone in traffic .

try it out, its at Clicks & Dischem, its basically a multi-vitamin

thanks

Leo
    Participant

Thank you all for the good advice.

Brendan you’re affirmations came in very handy this morning in traffic when I wanted to get out of my car and punch the idiot taxi driver.

This is going to be a work in progress, I have also started looking into doing something physical that can help me blow off steam.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.