Rental Lease Agreements

Home Forums Man Talk Rental Lease Agreements

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jason190 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jex57
    Participant

Hopefully someone here can help me…I have a lease that expires in May 2013. My landlord now says she wants to move back in December 2012.
    At no stage have I breached the terms of the lease, with proof of all payments being made before the due date.

What rights do I have, Can I claim costs of another move from her?

Can I claim my rental from Dec 2012 – until May 2013 considering if I were to leave I would be liable for the months that I breached?

The cancellation clause is only for the tenant, there is no cancellation clause for the landlord.

The full duration of the lease was for 1 year (1 May 2012 – 30 April 2013).

magenta
    Participant

hello Jex

a lease is a contractual agreement bro. if you have made good and abided by your contractual terms there is no way that the landlord can chase you away until the contract expires.

A friend of mine’s landlord also sold the flat off then the new landlord wanted to kick them out. they took the matter to court and the finding was that there is no legal basis of cancelling the contract.

what makes your case even stronger is that there has not even been a change in ownership

hope this response doesnt get to u too late

jason190
    Participant

Hi Jex,

For now the law is in on your side. You are not behind with your rent (as per what you said).

I need to ask you what did your lease agreement state (in terms of you giving notice or the landlord giving you notice to vacate the property)?

By law the landlord should give a tenant a full moths notice (this should be the last resort though in the case of the tenant being in breach of contract).

I hope things work out for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.