New and a q

Home Forums Pregnancy New and a q

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Menny 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Menny
    Participant

hey fairies

Im new. I think I will be 5weeks tomorrow.

I would like to know which prenatal vitamin is best for me to take.

Annie
    Participant

Congratulations! Is this your first? Have you made a gyne appointment already? How are you feeling? Any symptoms yet?

I trust you are drinking folic acid already? This is not expensive. Small yellow tablets that you can ask for at any pharmacy. But very important especially in the beginning of pregnancy for brain and spine development.

With my first I took mum-o-mega; caltrate plus and a multivitamin from Herbalife. This time I take Preg Omega Plus – all in one box and a lot cheaper.

What I did find was that my memory was better with my first, and my cramps were less often but more severe. But all pregnancies differ, gyne told me it dont matter what I take as long as I take my vitamins.

Menny
    Participant

hey Annie

Thanks no this is my second although 12yrs apart it feels very new to me

I am taking folic acid how much is the mum-omega more or less. i have been reading about the preg-omega.

No I havent made a gynea appointment yet.

My symptoms are fatigue, heartburn, pincing sensation in lower abdomen and very sore and very huge boobs and sore nipples.

Menny
    Participant

oh ja and frequent trips to the loo

Annie
    Participant

I can imagine 12 years ago may feel like a very long time. Mine is 2,5 years appart and so much I cant remember!

The mum-o-mega was R180 for 28 capsules 2years ago – but then you need to add calsium and a multi vitamin. The pregomega Plus I baught last week at Dischem for R178 – it contains 28 vitamin tablets; 28 omega 3 vegicaps and 30 calsium tablets.

I also tried Centrum’s combination pack earlier in pregnancy, but it did not stay inside. This worked better for me.

Last night around 10 hubby was saying something about me always being tired – and I wanted to cry because thats exactly how it feels!! Then I remembered when I was pregnant with LG I was in bed by 8 every night. There was no way my eyes would stay open after 8….. so actually I am doing great this time!

Menny
    Participant

Im very tired after lunch

Menny
    Participant

thanks Annie I will go check it out *mwa

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.