Boss Unwelcomes pregnancy

Home Forums Pregnancy Boss Unwelcomes pregnancy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SR 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sharktale
    Participant

Ladies – how did you feel when your boss isnt too happy about your pregnancy. there is a lot of work. there is a challenge and so forth. i mean if we dont have enough staff does that mean i must put my life on hold for my pregnancy and fall pregnant when they hire people or when the work is not so much?

please advice me on how i should speak to him? im furious and dissapointed.

Nini
    Participant

I would also be furious and disappointed!

In the end of the day you need to realise that you work to survive, and the rest of what happens is your actual life.  Your life doesnt revove around your job, your job is just a means of getting by.

Your boss has no right to be upset about your pregnancy, and I would feel offended.  But with that said, perhaps just give him some time to warm up to the idea.  Dont make a big deal out of it now, you still have a few months ahead of you to worry about it.  He needs to probably just realise that it’s not the end of the world, and you might find that soon he will be okay with it.  If his attitude doesnt change then you need to speak to him and tell him that being pregnant doesnt make you physically challenged in any way, and if anything, you will just have to prove that.  Not that you need to prove yourself, but just to show him that we women can do it all!  LOL!!

For now just carry on, work as hard as always, and see how it goes in the next few weeks.  If you dont succeed with him then you need to take it one step higher – cause the last thing you want is to feel victimised for being pregnant.

SR
    Participant

Just ignore him, there is nothing he can do to your job, he will eventually come around. Just don’t let him get to you, if you let him, life can become rather emotional for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.