Birth story

Home Forums Pregnancy Birth story

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Worried 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Amy
    Participant

Hi everyone

Well, I had my C-sec on the 3rd of December. I thought it would be easier second time round but I was still scared. They struggled with my drip and that was the sorest part. I did not feel a thing with the spinal epidural. This time round they gave just enough meds so I didn’t feel a thing, I wasn’t bed ridden for halfday, C-sec was done at 13:45 and at 15:30 I had full movement of my legs. They only made me get up that evening though, just for precaution.

LB was big, they struggled to get him out as I am very petite. He weighed in 3.4kg and is 51cm

I must be honest, first day wasn’t sore, but 2nd day I nearly died of pain. And they made me move as that’s the only thing that would help for the stiffness and sore muscles.

The hospital and personnel were great – the food is great, they even serve husband his meals and you choose everything from a menu. Must say I miss that , hehehehe. At home nobody brings you a hot plate of food 3 times a day with snacks in between. The hospital even booked him into a guesthouse across the hospital and he could stay at hospital from 6:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night.

Anyway – we went home Wednesday morning (jippiieeee, only 2 nights in hospital).

LG absolutely loves her brother – helps with everything and when he naps mommy pays special attention to her. I was so worried about her feeling rejected or abandoned.

Breastfeeding is going good, LB is definitely a breastman.

His umbilical cord fell off last night and I had my stitches removed this morning. Actually felt so emotional when his umbilical cord fell of, can’t believe he’s already a week old!!

How’s everyone else doing?

Health24
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing your story. Lovely to hear that LG is bonding with the little one. All the best to you and your family. There’s something very special about having a newborn around at this time of year.

Worried
    Participant

Hi Amy,i’m so happy for you and everything went well,please give LB a kiss for me even though he doesn’t know me…myabe one day he’s going to be my son-in-law…..you never know.

i’m over the moon because i’m 26 weeks now,i’ve passed my risky stage of 24 weeks snd everything is looking great.

ooh!!! wishing you and your family all the est

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.