Babymoon & MIL wants to come along!!!!!

Home Forums Pregnancy Babymoon & MIL wants to come along!!!!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

VR
    Participant

Hi ladies,

Im a little irritated & frustrated this morning. DH & i decided to take a small break in December as sort of a “babymoon” & our last chance to spend some alone time together before the baby comes & guess what………….my MIL guilted DH into taking her with us!!!!!

Nothing has been confirmed about her coming yet, but Im so annoyed at the fact that DH is even considering taking her.

This holiday was supposed to be about us & sharing quality time together.

Am I just being unreasonable or am I justified in the way Im feeling?

Annie
    Participant

Tell him you’ll rather take her with when you go on first holiday with baby – then you’ll have a babysitter around?

I would have been extremely annoyed too!

Amy
    Participant

Oh I would have blown my top. This is your last alone time together! Surely he must understand that.

Sit him down and explain him calmly your thoughts – men do think different from us.

Maria
    Participant

You are soooo justified… hope you can get him to change his mind.

Nini
    Participant

There is a time and a place for everything…. And this aint the time for mother dearest to worm her way in!

You have to unfortunately tell hubby how you feel, otherwise he will never be able to fix it.  Tell him how excited you are to be getting some quality time with him alone!  Also, I like the suggestion where you can say that you would rather prefer they come with when baby is here, that way you guys can all spend quality time with baby!

VR
    Participant

Thanks ladies….Im still  so bothered about this whole thing. What was supposed to be a quiete drive with just the 2 of us is becoming a nightmare.

Im almost thinking of cancelling the whole thing…

Anonymous

Just saw this post now VR. I hope in the meantime hubby has realised that it’s your last chance for some alone time for a while. Either way, hope you enjoy this last period of peace and enjoy growing that baby.

VR
    Participant

Good news is that he has not mentioned it again & I also am quiet about it & we’ve carried on planning our trip for just the 2 of us so I think Im safe for now :)

Anonymous

Oh thank goodness! Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.