A thought on resentment.

Home Forums Divorce A thought on resentment.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jules
    Participant

Easier said than done, I know, but so worth it if you can let go.

Resentment always hurts you more than it does the person you resent. While your offender has probably forgotten the offense and gone on with life, you continue to stew in your pain, perpetuating the past. Listen: those who hurt you in the past cannot continue to hurt you now unless you hold on to the pain through resentment. Your past is past! Nothing will change it. You are only hurting yourself with your bitterness. For your own sake, learn from it, and then let it go▼

Anonymous

Hi Jules – Once again you are talking a lot of good sense. Whether it’s in a divorce situation, at work or wherever, very often we carry around a resentment and the other person has long moved on and forgotten. It’s like saddling ourselves with a big bag of garbage that someone else has long discarded. I believe in the power of mentally breathing out the resentment, and consciously breathing in a calm, forgiving state of peace.

Jules
    Participant

Hi Carol.  I love meditation, and that is exactlywhat I do, breathe out all the negative, and breathe in peace, harmony and love. And then openining your heart.  I discovered recently that my heart is so tightly closed its unreal, and that is such a waste.  That is my next mission.  Letting love in.

Have a great day

Jules xx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.